Youth Agency in City of Danbury seeks qualified Part-Time Clinical Director (20 hours a week) to lead its Youth and Family Counseling Program and supervise other youth programming initiatives. Programs operate 4 days a week from approximately 2:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. Ideal candidate would be able to work a mix of day/evening hours Monday – Thursday with flexibility. Interested candidates must be a licensed mental health professional with 5 – 7 years experience supervising counseling programs in a school, government, or non-profit organization.
Specific tasks required of this job position include:
· Recruits and supervises the orientation and training of clinical personnel
· Assures that professional and support staff including master level interns properly implement clinical policies and procedures
· Works closely with agency’s child psychiatrist in working with clinical staff and their clients
· Evaluates, counsels and promotes the growth and development of the clinical staff
· Oversees staff in-service and external educational programs related to use of assessment/diagnostic tools and ensures that staff receive training in accordance with their licensures or certifications
· Evaluates the effectiveness of services provided using Results Based Accountability (RBA’s), and in collaboration with staff, devises improved techniques and methods of implementation consistent with national trends in mental health
· Recognizes opportunities for potential involvement in new service areas
· Plans, directs and/or participates in the development of new treatment services
· Coordinates, develops and maintains quality assurance and program evaluation systems
· Collaborates with the Executive Director to establish and maintain direction, operation practices, procedures, and standards for the organization, operation and performance pertinent to the delivery of client care
· Assists in developing overall work objectives, determining short- and long-range goals, and planning and implementing strategies to achieve goals
· Consults with and advises the Executive Director in strategic initiatives regarding new goals, future plans and challenges
· Maintains staff productivity to budgeted standards – managing program growth and sustainability
· Attends or delegates to staff appropriate meetings of committees in the community to keep up with changing practices and trends in the community
· Develops relationships with agencies in the community that refer clients to the program including but not limited to area schools, social services agencies, state agencies, and court systems
· Ensures that the clinical program meets all licensure requirements through the State Department of Children and Families.
· Follows through with professional development opportunities especially required for continued agency and individual licensure
· Carry out duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Candidates must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal with knowledge of working with a client database. Candidates should be up – to – date on HIPPA laws and other counseling practices.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and three listed references by April 30, 2019 to the below address:
Danbury Youth Services, Inc. (DYS)
91 West Street
Danbury CT. 06810
Contact: Julie A. Schmitter
Phone: (203) 748 – 2936
Fax: (203) 797 – 8568
DYS is a non-profit organization designated as the Youth Services Bureau for the City of Danbury and a licensed psychiatric clinic by the Department of Children and Families. Its mission is to strengthen youth and families by supporting and fostering hope and teaching the skills necessary to lead positive and productive lives.
Danbury Youth Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.