About DYS Youth Employment Services
The Summer Youth Employment Program is a 6-week work program for youth ages 14–21 who are looking for first-time work experience, or opportunities in which they may get diverse experiences. Such experiences include: childcare (daycare, school camps, summer camps), outdoor maintenance, and office experience (using computers, answering phones, data entry). Interviews begin in April by appointment only, and if accepted into the program work begins in July and ends in August. Click below for an application.
The documents needed in addition to the above application are:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Social Security Card
- Child’s School ID (with Photo) or Passport
- Child’s 3rd Quarter Report Cards
- Approval for free/reduced lunch program letter or 2016 tax return/financial assistance letter
- Completed Application Packet with Signatures from Parents/Guardians
- Letter from DCF Foster Care worker stating the child’s status (if applicable)
- Child’s Special Education Status/IEP (if applicable)
- Child’s Green Card (if applicable)
The mandatory items are represented in Bold, and as such the application will be incomplete if any are missing.
The items represented in Italic mean that they are optional, but preferred if one exists.